[Coco] termcap.h

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jan 22 21:50:09 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:10:53PM -0800, Michael Furman wrote:

> Thanks for sending this.  It is indeed missing, and I had add extern
> char *UP; to the termio module of uucpbb to get it to
> compile... this would've helped.

You're welcome.  It maybe an ANSI-ism but I think all C libraries
should come with a header file that describes them to the compiler.
>From now on, this header will be included with Curses.

> Speaking of this, would you (or anyone else) mind sending me a copy
> of your termcap.l and whatever termcap file you are using?

Sure, I'll send you a copy in a seperate message.  But the one I use,
and this termcap.h is for, is called termcapLII.lzh and it's on RTSI.
In particular, PC, ospeed, and the crtby* may be different with a
different library.

Mind you, I'm not entirely happy with the coco3 entry included with
that termcap, but it's the one I'm using and thus the one Curses is
set up to use.

So, it may be a bad thing that I've never actually tried driving a
real terminal with it. ;-)

>I pulled a few termcaps from
>http://www.nikhef.nl/~form/maindir/others/stedi/termcap but they
>don't seem to be working correctly.  Trying to figure out what's
>broken.

Humm, I've seen ESR's termcap file before and have always regarded it
as pretty good, but it's been a long time since I tried to debug a
termcap entry.

What terminal(s) are you trying to use?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org