[Coco] Copyright

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Jan 15 19:53:27 EST 2011

Two cents... With so many 8-bit style and 80s retro games coming back and making money on cell phones and Xbox Live marketplace and Wii compilations, I can see why folks don't want to release "old" stuff.

Today you can still buy, new, Space Invaders (70s), Pac Mac, Frogger, etc.

And Zaxxon isn't owned by Datasoft/Tandy/Bjork. They just own the port they did with some kind of arrangement to allow distribution.

 I wonder if when the rights to distribute expire, it becomes illegal even for the author of the port to give out copies...?