[Coco] Copyright

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sat Jan 15 18:37:00 EST 2011

Copyright infringement used to be a civil matter, too; essentially the
author or owner of the copyright had to enforce it in court, just like
patent holders still must.

Then things like Disney, Sonny Bono, RIAA, MPAA, Microsoft, BSA, Jack
Valentti, and a whole host of other thugs (re: lobbyists for the above)
got in the way, mucked everything up, and now character of Mickey Mouse
will never fall into the public domain until long after your
grandchildren are dead, if then.

Even with all these laws, all this punishment, it has yet to put the
barest dent or hint of "fear" into anyone or any group breaking
copyright the world over. Completely pointless, and a waste of money and
time.

Wonderful world, ain't it?

BTW - for Steve B:

What happens to *your* software after you die? Will Zaxxon for the CoCo
ever become legally available for emulation, etc? Will your
"grandchildren" be able to legally play the game you created? I'm just a
bit curious about this; you are one of the few holdouts in all this CoCo
related software copyright issue (you and Bill Vergona, likely) - you
seem to have a better reason than he (though who knows, maybe he has
just as good reasons); but I sincerely wonder if this issue as it
pertains to your software will ever be put to rest...?

--- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona