[Coco] basic09 - append to file

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Jan 13 01:08:59 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 07:02:45PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> Its Very Useful, Willard.  The Os9 kernel itself is just a collection of
> all these little one trick ponies, and syscall allows you to do _anything_
> the os can do, from a higher level language like basic09.  Truly the best
> of both worlds.

I don't remember exactly, but I think I must have had some C program
blow up completely on me when I mixed unix system calls (read, write)
with stdio calls (getc, printf).  Made me really paranoid about mixing
"levels" of functionality.

Or I read a really stern warning about it somewhere, at least :-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard