[Coco] basic09 - append to file

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jan 12 19:02:45 EST 2011

On Wednesday, January 12, 2011 06:58:59 pm Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:10:44PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:46:16 pm Willard Goosey did opine:
> > > I always get worried that B09's IO system will get confused (mixing
> > > in SYSCALL system calls with regular B09 reads/writes), but I
> > > guess it really doesn't do much buffering on its own?
> >
> > Not really Willard, the file pointers current value is still getting
> > as close to the hardware as you can.
>
> OK, thanks for clearing that up.  I'd wondered.  My, that makes
> SYSCALL even more useful than I thought it was.

Its Very Useful, Willard.  The Os9 kernel itself is just a collection of
all these little one trick ponies, and syscall allows you to do _anything_
the os can do, from a higher level language like basic09.  Truly the best
of both worlds.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)