[Coco] Converting ANSI-C to K&R(Microware) - Ansifront didn't work

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jan 9 19:56:29 EST 2011

On Sunday, January 09, 2011 07:47:23 pm Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 09:06:50PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > Ansifront012, AIUI it, should not ever have its mind blown as it is
> > essentially a void to int translator, just treating the serial text
> > stream that goes through it, making the appropriate substitutions.
>
> Actually, Ansifront does a lot of name hashing.  It hashes any name
> that's more than 8 characters long, and it also hashes all struct and
> union element names, enforces "unsigned char", and I don't even know
> what all else.
>
> > If you are going to be doing transcendental math functions in C, I
> > have the trig.l stuff in that same directory.  The .l stuff goes in
> > /dd/LIB so the compiler and cc can find it.  This does trig functions
> > to about 16.5 digits accuracy over an EE range of +-EE38 or so. There
> > is a src package and a read.me.re.trig.l text file too
>
> How does this compare to Krieder's clibt?
>
> Willard

This has all its transcendentals in full double precision.  I believe
Kreiders is single where there are dups, but the proto's won't match
anyway.  Carls was a heck of an improvement over the regular c.lib,
particularly in speed & bug freedom.  I don't think my eclipse proggy used
any of Carls code though as I wasn't fixated on speed, but in accuracy, at
least back to where the julian calendar dies in -4713BC.  It doesn't
underflow "gracefully" in any math system I've tried.  But I'll make zero
claims about my math abilities. I once had a calculator that said 2+2 was
3.9999999.  It didn't last long.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)