[Coco] old backups, RESTORED!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Jan 9 02:41:30 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 10:44:22PM -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> in my A2000.  Didn't register when I first read your note (not enough
> morning coffee yet, I guess).  AmiTCP is installed.  Never figured out how
> to get SMB going, though.

AFAIK smb-handler19.lzh is still the newest smb-client.  I think it
only supports plaintext paswords.  It took a little fiddling to get
the mount-list right but it wasn't really horrible.  The English docs
are kind of fractured, but  Amiga people are used to that. ;-)

> One of my co-workers related a saying from the early 80s to the effect
> that "..a PC is a real computer with a toy operating system, while the
> CoCo is a toy computer with a real operating system".  A bit of hyperbole,
> but made me chuckle.

At least the CoCo used a real disk controller.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard