[Coco] terrifying sysadmins for fun with UUCP was Re: old backups, RESTORED!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Jan 7 18:35:26 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 05:41:14PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> Be careful & don't step on it or kick it.  I've used the 1984 time frame
> for that and been called a liar by many.  It was 85 when I discovered os9,
> and I was off the the races.

Actually, I think I said "the early 80's" which is comfortably vague.
I know LII goes back to 86-ish.  Back when the CoCo was a current
product I was a BASIC boy, I never could have convinced Dad to buy
software that cost as much as the computer did. :-(

But at least my sysadmin didn't give me The Look he used when I told
him about setting up UUCP so my 3b1 could trade email with my Linux
boxes.  He's a Model 100 nut so he's not completely unsympathetic, but
he does have limits. ;-)  He gets this wonderful look of abject terror
when I say things like "I wonder if Taylor UUCP has been compiled for
MS-DOS with a packet driver."

Humm, I wonder if Rick Adam's UUCP would work over a Drivewire 4
network link....  HDB config files aren't *that* obscure... :-)

Hehehe!
Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA