[Coco] old backups, RESTORED!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Jan 6 17:26:48 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 08:34:29PM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:

> Glad to hear it.  I still wish I had a good backup of the old 40M "MFM"
> drive I used on my mini-tower CoCo 3 repack via Adaptec 4001 (or
> something) SCSI controller and the Disto 4-in-1.

Yeah, I had setups like that, LR-Tech SASI adaptor->XEBEC
controller->ST251.  No backups, stupidly enough.  Nor of my first
Glenside IDE drive.

The crash that finally taught me to do backups was the 2000 crash of
my main Linux machine's drive.  I lost *lots* of stuff there. :-(

> DriveWire does make me feel a little more secure about working with the
> CoCo these days.  Very easy to back up a DW disk image file.

Yep.  No more feeding the machine dozens of floppy disks!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard