[Coco] old backups, RESTORED!

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Wed Jan 5 21:34:29 EST 2011

On 01/05/2011 08:26 PM, Willard Goosey wrote:
> Woohoo!
>
> I not only restored a BRU hard-drive backup of mine from 2K2 onto a
> drivewire virtual disk, but also Ricky's old HDKIT backup (from 91 or
> so?) to drivewire!

Glad to hear it.  I still wish I had a good backup of the old 40M "MFM"
drive I used on my mini-tower CoCo 3 repack via Adaptec 4001 (or
something) SCSI controller and the Disto 4-in-1.  Most of what I had on
there is also on floppy disks, but I know some stuff was lost when that
drive failed.  I also wish I had the data that was on my MM/1 drives
that somehow got zapped as I was trying to hook up a SCSI Zip drive --
ironically for the very purpose of backing up the hard drives...

DriveWire does make me feel a little more secure about working with the
CoCo these days.  Very easy to back up a DW disk image file.

JCE