[Coco] FOCAL update uploaded

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Jan 4 17:35:45 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 11:17:01AM +0000, Manny wrote:
> Oh, very cool.  I seem to have lost my OS-9 / NitrOS9 virtual HDD and
> disks, so it may be a while before I can test this out...

Bummer!  Good luck with the restore.

>(I tried to get the original and a modified version of the above to
>compile on my Linux machine to test it out, but no luck, yet!)

Humm, yeah, GCC gets less willing to compile K&R code every year. :-(
I'm afraid the source from catb.org compiles for me because I have an
ancient Linux install, not because my GCC-fu is good.

There is a newer FOCAL interpeter loose on the Net, called FOCAL-1.0.0
and you might have better luck compiling it.  OTOH it doesn't accept
quite the same language as Kida's.  None of the programs from one
works with the other. :-(

>I've looked through the source and I'm loving it.  The game is a
>great example of the language and what you can do with it.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.  I just threw it together.  It should be
obvious from the code that nothing like planning occured, and I really
should comment it better.

> Thanks again.  :)

Thank YOU!  I love getting feedback!

Willard