[Coco] How would I go about connecting my CoCo 2 to a BBS?

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Wed Feb 9 06:43:41 EST 2011

You could use a null modem cable between the coco and a pc running a modem emulator to start calling telnet enabled bbs's.

Tcpser is one

BBS Server is another.

http://home.ica.net/~leifb/bbs/

both emulate a hayes modem to the computer.

Just pick a fixed baud rate and then

atdtbbs.goldengate.net
(That's just a random bbs I grabbed from the list)

Telnet bbs list is available here.

http://www.telnetbbsguide.com/

With this setup a lot of people run boards on the internet using old computers.

Later,
dabone