[Coco] (no subject)

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Dec 31 07:51:14 EST 2011

Bill Pierce wrote:

> I thought about this too... but 2 drives at the same moment? Actually 3 drives. The 3 1/2 won't read either.
> I've changed drives, I've changed controllers, I've changed cables, I've eliminated the MPI... the only factor that remains unchanged is the Coco

I don't remember seeing you report that either floppy drive spins at the correct
speed with a disk present. That can be checked by watching the strobe pattern.
Even if the drive is set correctly, squashed floppies with excessive friction
can slow down the drive so the disk won't read/write. Enough friction can
permanently damage the floppy surface.