[Coco] New system

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Dec 30 21:57:39 EST 2011

I have the whole maltedmedia archive on my PC's HD. I found most of the B&B stuff. I have no way to burn an eprom. Is there a boot disk in there or any way to load the ROM from disk? The documentation i've read has yet to mention how to set up a boot disk. I don't have any of the original B&B disks that came with the system. The B&B HDs are already set to boot into OS9. It's pretty much a standard version with maybe the last few patches before everyone started using Nitro and 6309s. This was a working system when I recieved it ... that is till the drives quit working. I could boot OS9 from floppy but had no access to the HDs due to no B&B boot disk. Everything else is on the HDs (2 x 20 megs, Seagates I think)
Right now my biggest thing is to get the drives going again. Till then I'm pretty much stuck.

I will post soon with as much info as I can get off the drives (sizes, heads, sectors and such) and I will also see if the controller has any info inside the case (model no. ect).

I'll ask the inevitable question... Who can I send the Coco 3 to to have them check EVERYTHING and do the proper repairs? Does Cloud 9 do this?

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com

[ I uploaded to maltedmedia the XT-ROM 3.0 image, if you can burn an (E)PROM, and
ll required manuals and software to get the autoboot working straight from the
DD.
 Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll try to dig it all back up.
 Now, whether this XT-ROM 3.0 autoboot is NitrOS9 compatible, I'll need to defer
o the others here...
Tony  ]