[Coco] deluxe rs-232 program pak

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 20:43:48 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Friday, December 30, 2011 08:03:43 PM Robert Hermanek did opine:
>
>> I have an rs-232 cart here, and the screw has never been taken out, so I
>> don't really want to break the nice label for this question:  anyone
>> know if this cart has a socketed ROM in it that could be removed and
>> replaced with custom eprom?
>>
> Yes it does, but why?  It contains a program similar to teletext, a 35 year

couple quick comments.. first off, not every rs232 pak has a socketed
ROM.. I have one here that has the rom soldered to the board, although
the uart is socketed.

second, while putting some alternate terminal software into the rom is
probably silly, you might want to put a ROM in that has nothing to do
with the rs232 pak itself.. for instance a DriveWire rom or OS9, some
other DOS etc.