[Coco] (no subject)

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Dec 30 13:25:17 EST 2011

Bill Pierce wrote:

> Here's one for the techies...
 ><snip>

You did not try swapping the new Coco3 with an old one. If you know you have a
good Coco3, that would be a good test. Many strange things happen if the GIME
socket is corroded or contacts are bad. Likewise with ICs.

Looks like you don't have any known good drives to test. I'd suggest opening one
of the new drives and make sure the LED for the disk hole is not loose or other
mechanical problems are not visible. Check the RPM with the strobe pattern.
Most certainly check the flat ribbon cable for the disk drives for continuity.

I've no idea what a bad AT keyboard interface might do but swapping the Coco3
would pin that down.