[Coco] using .bas files with disk images

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:18:08 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
> A further update on this problem suggests a browser or HTML problem rather
> than an emulator problem. A closer look at the tokens which can't be right
> suggests that bits are flipped or random. No text (upper or lower case) is
> damaged. That means all damaged bytes are in the range $80-$F8.
> At first I thought there was a bit pattern but there does not seem to be
> one.
>
> Examples
> Possible pattern
>  Line 6 POKE 80
>  Most likely 6 WIDTH 80.
>  WIDTH =$E2=11100010
>  POKE  =$92=10010010
>
>  Line 16 PCOPY ** ALL RIGHTS RESERVED **
>  Most likely 16 PRINT ** ALL RIGHTS RESERVED **
>  PCOPY =$C7=11000111
>  PRINT =$87=10000111
>
> No pattern
>  Line 24 LOAD(18,5),"Welcome to C-Hawk Ball !"
>  Most likely 24 HPRINT(18,5),"Welcome to C-Hawk Ball !"
>  LOAD   =$D3=11010011
>  HPRINT =$EE=11101110
>
>  Line 56 DOS"Permitted only three timeouts per half."
>  Most likely 56 PRINT"Permitted only three timeouts per half."
>  DOS   =$E1=11100001
>  PRINT =$87=10000111
>
> I don't think we are going to be able to guess the correct
> command/functions.

Sounds likely.  Perhaps the web server is giving an incorrect content
type for the .bas... a "text/something" where "application" would be
more appropriate.
If its apache, one can specify mime type to file extension mappings
with type maps.  Curtis if you're monitoring... any chance of looking
at the server and checking if its considering .bas to be a mime type
that makes sense?