[Coco] using .bas files with disk images

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:49:56 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm a bit lost on what the proper procedure for getting .bas files
like the ones here:

http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/chawkfootball.html

or

http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/chopperrescue.html

into a disk image that can be used with mess, vcc, drivewire etc.

I noticed they are tagged with "Please note: This is a tokenized BASIC program."
Is that telling me what to do, and I just don't grok it?

I've tried MESS's wimgtool and the file2dsk utility.. both can
generate disks that contain the file in a variety of ways, but I
haven't found any combination of settings that generates something I
can load and run.

The closest to right seems to be specifying type 0 (basic) and
binary.. but that gives a file that when loaded and listed is full of
nonsense, as if the tokens were all wrong.  Tends to lock up the coco
if you list more than a few lines of the craziness.

Other combinations generate files that error on load or load but seem
to contain nothing.

What am I missing?
Thanks
-Aaron