[Coco] COCO FPGA

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 03:33:52 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

>> I know first hand that Drivewire will go well into the future.
>

> Personally I don't like DriveWire because it doesn't work with software that
> accesses the disk hardware directly. That's not to take anything away from
> it, though...

On the CoCo3FPGA, DriveWire *does* work with software that accesses
the hardware directly, because the CoCo doesn't know it's using
DriveWire.  The stock DECB rom is running and talking to what it
believes is a stock FDC.

Funny enough, any storage option that did use the SD card would
probably not be so compatible, just as any of the hard drive/flash
storage options available to a real coco are not so compatible.