[Coco] Dungeons of Daggorath - PC Port

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Fri Dec 23 23:38:24 EST 2011

I don't know what took me so long, but I finally installed and played
the PC port of DofD; awesome and mostly faithful port. My only gripes:

1. I don't remember the monsters being as difficult - or as fast - as on
the original cartridge (you can slow the monsters down in the config,
though)

2. I also don't remember being able to "run outta breath" so easily,
either (maybe I didn't move as much when I was a kid?)

3. The high-res mode needs to be extended to cover everything (the
bottom text area of the screen is still original resolution)

But it comes with the source code; I've actually got the 0.5.0 version
(a patched version for Linux that includes some extensions not in the
"official" 0.4.0 version for Linux).

Anyhow - if you want to play around with it:

http://mspencer.net/daggorath/dodpcp.html

Patched 0.5.0 (sputnik) port - plus icons:

http://demandred.dyndns.org/dod/

If you have troubles getting it compiled under linux, make sure you have
all the development sources installed (especially SDL); also, you might
have to mod the Makefile to include the proper location of the SDL
libraries (I had to do this for Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit; strangely, though,
not for 10.04 LTS here at home).

Anyway, happy holidays, and happy adventuring!

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona