[Coco] Coco MC-10 connection problem

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Dec 23 10:39:36 EST 2011

John, you definitely want to use one of those cable to F-jack adapters!
But don't use it on the TV end, use it on the MC-10 (or CoCo) end. Then
use a piece of coax cable between the computer and TV. That will GREATLY
reduce interference. Using the channel slide box just makes the picture
more "snowy" due to the interference it lets in. You can't use the audio
in port on the TV because the MC-10 (and CoCo) have a built in RF
modulator. That's the box you have if it has a switch for channel 3/4
and not switching between two antenna inputs (a two input box shipped
with the CoCo and MC-10). If you need multiple inputs (switch from TV to
computer without physically moving the cable) you'll have to get a cable
A/B switch. --------------- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:50:09 -0700 From:
"J.P. Samson" <coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com> On Dec. 22, 2011, at 2:39
PM, john T Chasteen wrote:

> I want to connect my Tandy MC-10 to a new Flat screen TV which has
> several inputs.  I want to connect my "Channel 3/4 switch " to the
> coax connector on the back of the TV.  I have to connect "twin lead"
> on the switch to the coax on the TV. Radio Shack doesn't have an
> adapter.
Perhaps something like this F-jack adapter connected to an RCA cable
would be one way to bypass that "Channel 3/4" switchbox entirely:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103471

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"