[Coco] Assembly question

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Dec 22 16:50:12 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 08:52:10AM -0500, Bill Pierce wrote:

>I did find R63V13.AR. I assume this is the file you're refering
>to. The archive contains the patch for RMA.

Yep.

>Any idea on whether the RLink has been patched and what the filename
>may be? Or does RLink even need to be patched?

As far as I know there haven't been any patches to rlink, other than...

> And.. Are the C.Asm & C.Link files in the CC package the same as the
> RMA & RLink in the OS9 Developer System? If so, they are in The
> NitrOS9 Source and builds.

C.Asm and C.Link are an older version of rma & rlink.  RMA writes .r
files that C.Link doesn't know how to link.  (IIRC RMA includes a
FORTRAN-style COMMON block that c.link doesn't support, see "What You
Should Know About Your C Compiler" and the docs for the R63 patch.)
Rlink supports RMA's newer format.  This is the only change ever made
to rlink that I know of.

I don't know if the NitrOS c.asm and c.link are the original versions
or the current rma & rlink.

There is also a reimplementation of rma & rlink in Toolshed for
cross-development, I don't know if you're interested in that.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard