[Coco] Assembly question

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Dec 22 05:30:54 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:55:04PM -0500, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Was the RMA assembler and RLink replaced in the NitrOS9 builds?

It's not part of the boot disks.  Probably in the C Compiler dsk or
the LII dev system?  r63 is the 6309 version of RMA.

>I dont see them in any of the builds and not in the source. The help
>files are there, but no binaries. I only see the Asm file. I know
>both RMA and RLink were part of the original OS9 Development
>set.

Level I came with Asm, not RMA/rlink.  LII came with BASIC-09.

>Were they combined into 1 program or is this one of the better
>3rd party Asm's?

No, it's the NitrOS version of the Level I assembler.

>Or do I need to use the originals... I wouldn't think so at this
>stage of NitrOS9.

I just use the originals, I don't need the 6309 code generation since
I have no 6309.  I'm really not sure about the state of RMA in
NitrOS9.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA