[Coco] Bug in Umuse3-9.111 maybe earlier

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 16 16:08:57 EST 2011

On Friday, December 16, 2011 04:04:14 PM Bill Pierce did opine:

> Sorry.... this is the very reason I HAVE to use <ducks> Windows. Running
> my studio, I have no time to find, fix, repair, and/or run other
> software. I use Cakewalk Sonar for all my midi in the studio. It's been
> around since the 80s and will do anything I need in midi.... including
> sheet music. If I need professional (publishing quality) sheet music, I
> just load the midi into Sibelius. It produces print ready music.

As does rosegarden as it ships it off to lilypond for print rendering,
which after due consideration, outputs printer ready .pdf's at quite high
resolution.

Thanks Bill.

> Bill Pierce
> ooogalapasooo at aol.com
>

>  The thing I'm
> rather disappointed in is that rosegarden does not draw the music as
> sheet, but just a marked up timeline.  Its an option to overlay a sheet
> music drawing, but it is not refreshed in real time.  So while the cpu
> horsepower to do so is available, rosegarden doesn't really take
> advantage of it. Thanks Bill.

I wasn't doing it right, it does in fact show you the sheet music view,
with a cursor line marching along in quite close to real time.