[Coco] Electronics Newbie question

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:16:25 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Robert Hermanek wrote:

> The question:  Assuming I have to start at the beginning, and the goal is to be able to build logic boards on a cart
>, anyone have ideas for good beginner's resources (favorite books, etc) , where do you prefer to lookup/buy
> components, etc?

Head out to http://cococoding.aaronwolfe.com/home/history

A Full Turn Of The Screw is a very good starting point for projects,
all for the CoCo.

As far as components it depends where you are located. If in the USA
some Radio Shack stores still carry components, although a very
diminished inventory.

My favorite online resource for components is still Jameco at www.jameco.com

For general electronics projects you can try the excellent Forrest
Mims III books, Amazon and Ebay have them available. The author went
to good lengths also to explain basic electronics.

-- RP