[Coco] Lest we forget, Dec 07, 1941, 70 years ago today

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Dec 8 23:42:19 EST 2011

On Thursday, December 08, 2011 11:11:09 PM Boisy G. Pitre did opine:

> Gene,
>
> There are times when your verbosity is worth the effort to read, and
> this was certainly one of those times.  Thank you for sharing and God
> bless. --
> Boisy G. Pitre
> http://www.tee-boy.com/

Thanks for the flowers Boisy, I appreciate them.

And thank you Patrick, whom I didn't reply to earlier.

To all:

Next time you see a veteran, give him a salute and say 'thank you', because
without their efforts, we quite likely would not have the privilege of
enjoying what freedoms we have left.  I have startled several that way in
recent years.  It is an enjoyable feeling for me at least.

Perhaps that 'Thank you' might be the beginnings of the road back for
someone with PTSD.  We used to call it 'Shell shocked' back in those days,
talked about in hushed tones.  IMO that isolation only makes it worse.

When I was in need with an empty position and had the choice to hire one, I
did, and have never regretted it.  That doesn't mean I haven't jerked the
leash once or twice early on, but when he becomes dependable and does the
job, willing to learn what little I could teach, the end result has always
been a _friend_.  And that is something pleasant to be said of any of us.

[...]

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Am I SHOPLIFTING?