[Coco] Utilmuse 3 Manual

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 23:29:41 EST 2011

> The only thing holding Linux back from the pro audio world is lack of
> support from the majors. There are no pro audio Daws (digital audio
> workstations) for Linux.

<Tell that on the L.A.D. list, but put your nomex underwear on first.

They know it... it's all about money as usual and Linux is not supposed to be about money
<If you are referring to Sony in the "big houses" category, sorry, I just
lost interest.

Naaaa.... I agree with you there. The software I refer to as "Sony"
was originally by Sonic Foundry. Sony bought the company and the whole
programming team and they pretty much do what they did before Sony,
produce some of the most stable audio software on the market. Actually,
The "big houses" i refer to is: hardware manufacturers.. Roland, Korg, Emu,
Oberheim, Ensonic and a few others. Software... Avid (Digidesign, Pro Tools),
Steinberg, Cakewalk (formally 12-tone Systems), Ableton and a few others.
These are the ones that control the IMA (International MIDI Assosiation),
sorta the the "chairmen of the board", the ones who started the MIDI standard.

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com

ooogalapasooo at aol.com