[Coco] Assembler question

Helio Emery Jr. helioemery at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 00:14:04 EDT 2011

Hey guys, me again.

In the process of re-learning OS9 L1, I was abble to create some graphics programs in C that works quite well.
And them I moved to try recreating the same programs in Assembler, just for fun.

While in C I learned that, to change OS9 to graphics screen is just a matter of sending some characters to the terminal screen (more preciselly the Hex codes 0F 00 00).
But there is a trick, the STDOUT is buffered, so one should call the function fflush() to actually change the screen to graphics mode.
In Assembler I don't know how to do this...
I've read all the technical manuals I could get my hands on, but none of them is of much help.
I've tryied to sent the characters to STDERR (path number 2) instead, but no go.

Anyone knows how to flush the stdout in Assembly, or any other way to change to graphics in OS9?

Thanks,
Helio