[Coco] ANNOUNCE: Cloud-9 Website Update

Roger Taylor taylor at newfoal.com
Thu Aug 25 12:14:33 EDT 2011

At 04:39 AM 8/25/2011, you wrote:
>On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 22:12 -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
>
> > Anyway, no need to reply.  I took your bait and this was my
> > response.  Nice Job, guys.  The graphics and fonts are eye
> > catchers.  Very Appealing at First Glance.
>
>Roger, you should probably put up a page for your goods and services
>anyway.  Then let everyone know the URL so you can get orders, people
>can see the product, they can find a place for help, an email address if
>they would want to help you (form your own gang,) etc.  If you do, you
>can always fight fire with fire and play the same game.
>
>But, really, I don't see anything that is a personal attack against you
>in there.  So, do your own tests, publish them and let the free market
>do it's thing.
>
>I really have no interest in either side, as I can't and won't buy
>anything.  I don't have hardware that I can use close to me at all.  So
>this is not a personal attack against you or your product, Roger. (Same
>can be said about Cloud 9.) Hopefully it's encouragement to get in there
>and fight harder without 'taking the bait.'

Anytime I say anything competitive or in even the smallest defense
about one of my products or projects, certain people claim that we're
fighting, as if fighting only starts when I open MY mouth, but it's
ok for the trio to each put up unstudied comparison charts and so
forth, talk down about parts that my stuff uses, claim that their
stuff is the only standard, in the past, and in the future.  If I
were to put up the same chart first and claim that my stuff is the
standard, I'd have 3 dudes all over my ass and you know it.   When
does this stuff become fair, anyway?  3 or 4 on 1.  Does it really
take that many to compete?  Sure it does.   I'm not even trying all
that hard to compete.  If I were, they'd be in real trouble. :)

And I'm not against Cloud-9.  I just don't think I should quit what
I'm doing just so they can be the only ones.  I love the CoCo too
much and I know too many CoCo users and have a very large customer
base to offer stuff to.  I'm in this.

But I'm not far away from leaving the mailing list since most of my
stuff goes ignored, and when I do talk, it gets viewed as a
fight.  I'm just tired of it.

www.colorcomputer.net  is in the works.. a CoCo classifieds site
where you can list your old or New stuff.  It's only a buy/sell site
and the most I will have to do is delete spam and review false ad
claims.  There is no forum, no archives, no chat, no galleries, no
videos, no news, no bulletins, etc.  I won't do another coco3.com or
community base site and I also have a no compete agreement.

--
~ Roger Taylor