[Coco] Text Files in Coco OS-9

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Mon Aug 15 17:30:28 EDT 2011

Try Ctrl+, (comma) and Ctrl+. (period). You can also use the natural
keyboard instead of the emulated keyboard (Options+Keyboard->Natural.

If all else fails, the Microware C compiler supports trigraphs for special
characters:

?= is #
?/ is \
?' is ^
?( is [
?) is ]
?! is |
?< is {
?> is }
?- is ~

Another option is to edit the source files on the host computer using your
favorite text editor and then using ToolShed to transfer the source files to
the disk image. The syntax is something like

os9 get disk1.os9,DEFS/OS9Defs C:\Defs\OS9Defs
os9 put C:\Defs\OS9Defs disk1.os9,DEFS/OS9Defs

Note the comma between the virtual disk image and the path.