[Coco] Text Files in Coco

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Aug 5 14:57:57 EDT 2011

Helio Emery Jr. wrote:

> Hey Robert, thanks for the response.
>
> But cartridge Edtasm will read a file in Disk Basic disk?
>
> Helio

Helio,

Look at your message below. You specified Disk EDTASM not the ROM Pak.

You have several options of which only one makes sense. You can learn how to
create tape images and add files to them. You can patch the EDTASM ROM Pak with
Roger Schrag's "Superpatch for EDTASM+" which adds disk file storage, or you can
stop using the ROM Pak version and get the disk version.

David Keil's web page had Disk EDTASM available but the site seems to be down.
You can go to http://www.tandycoco.com/rsdos.html  and grab the zip file
Coco Downunder Rsdos Files. Included in that is a "disk-edtasm" zip file which
has the software on a .dsk image and scans of the manual.