[Coco] 6821 PIA Chip Bad?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Apr 27 16:01:02 EDT 2011

I had an almost identical situation years ago with my dad's Commodore-64
that crashed after a few seconds. Its PIA-equivalent chip was very hot,
cooling it with some ice in a plastic bag delayed the machine's crashing,
and swapping the chip with an identical one on the same board changed the
symptoms of the crash.   A new chip cured it.

Art