[Coco] Light pen stuff was:Re: Software testing for FDC emulator

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Tue Apr 26 14:54:23 EDT 2011

No, my driver was for basic programs and not games.  Mostly used as a
"select from a menu" type operations.  It only need to find what
character the pen is pointing at.  Any yes, I can find what character on
the the pen pointing to in 1/10 of second.

Yes, it was CPU intensive.  Yes, it did flash the screen.  But it was
cheap $20 input device that used the screen.  (The days before a mouse.)

But back then everything was CPU intensive.

You must be an electrical engineer since you used term "phase locked
loop" to describe an programming technique.  Am I right?

Steve