[Coco] Light pen stuff was:Re: Software testing for FDC emulator

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Apr 26 14:20:15 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 02:09:34 PM Steve Bjork did opine:

> Last time I checked,  1/10 of a second is 100 milliseconds, not 10
> milliseconds.
>
> This is how I get in trouble.  They misquoted me!

In this case, I was running on my electronics autopilot, one of those cases
where my brain is running several sentences ahead of the fingers, and I
miss-quoted you.  My apologies.

However, 10ms vs 100 ms still isn't long enough to reliably obtain the
pixel being pointed at unless you are actually playing phase locked loop
games, which are both cpu intensive, and the flashing of the screen pixels
would be a dead giveaway for proper aim by the gamer, not good.

To play phased locked loop and continuously track it once it has been
acquired would only need a 9 pixel pattern.  That could be done in 100
milliseconds if the lcd itself was fast enough.  Some of the first ones
weren't that fast.