[Coco] A bit OT Why 3-D is worth waiting bit longer. was:Game Developers Wanted

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Tue Apr 26 14:34:49 EDT 2011

I sticking to systems that I worked on.  But Sega Master system 3-D came
late it its life.  (It was about the same time they were working on the
68000 based system.

The Vectrex (color) 3-D system also came out late in the system's
life.   I found the spinning color wheel was a bit noisy, flicker and
would breakdown too easy.  (A dropped while running could break it.)  It
look a bit like watch mechanical television from the 1920's.

Looking at the history of 3-D it's little wonder why most people see 3-D
as cheap and gimmicky.

Bad 3-D Movies like Clash Of The Titans (2010) does not help their
opinion of 3-D.

Steve