[Coco] A bit OT Why 3-D is worth waiting bit longer. was:Game Developers Wanted

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:28:28 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Steve Bjork <6809er at srbsoftware.com> wrote:

> I've seen IMAX movies shown at 48 frames per second and they pull you into
> the action.  This system is used in Disney Parks' Soaring over California
> ride.  (It's main reason why it's on the top of everyone's much ride list.)
>

> Steve (Warp Fighter 3-D) Bjork

I was at Kennedy Space Center a few years ago and saw a Tom Hanks narrated
IMAX documentary on the US space program. The 3D was outstanding. The comets
and asteroids flying by had me then 9 year old daughter reaching out trying
to grab them. That experience is what I compare 3D tv's to right now, and
we're pretty far away from them being equal...

Brian

--
Ohioan by birth, Floridian by the grace of U-Haul and a bad economy...