[Coco] Game Developers Wanted

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 25 05:25:59 EDT 2011

SUBJECT:

"The Tandy Color Computer Games Workshop" website

WHAT IS IT:

A central site that attempts to gather information about what GAMES are
currently in development for the Tandy Color Computer.

WHY?:

Let's face it, we all like games to demonstrate the abilities of our
computer. For many, it's the fun of playing these games that can provide
one with many hours of entertainment.

But there are those who just like to create them. Once upon a time, it
was considered an income for some programmers, writing games for a
living. Unfortunately, for the Color Computer, these days are gone.
Those few who still have a yearning to create games for this computer,
do it out of a special interest in this machine. A desire to create
something technically satisfying and visually pleasing. These people are
"artists" of a technical medium, inpired by the challenge of creation.

I have constructed this website as a means for these artists to convey
to the rest of the community, what they are trying to achieve. A means
to obtain feedback on their work. An avenue to meet other artists like them.

For many of the other "retro" systems such as the Commodore 64, Amstrad
CPC, Sinclairs etc., there is a thriving "homebrew" games community. I
ask, "why not for our Color Computer also"?

SUPPORT WANTED:

If you are developing a game for the Color Computer, let the community
know. Send me any information you wish to disclose about your project
and I will add it to the site. Keep me updated of progress and I will
reflect that information on this website. Hopefully, this site will grow
as a premier hub for these game developers.

CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE AT:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/nickma/GamesWorkshop/

Nickolas Marentes