[Coco] Software testing for FDC emulator

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Apr 24 22:38:52 EDT 2011

One thing I'm not clear on about the FDC emulator:

Is this something that reads a real protected CoCo floppy under a CoCo
emulator running on a Windows machine that has a floppy drive?  Or has the
CoCo floppy been somehow transformed into a data file that mimics
its nonstandard track structure, and that is what the FDC emulator uses as
its input?  If the latter, how was the transformation accomplished?

Art