[Coco] Software testing for FDC emulator

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:38:53 EDT 2011

> Everyone already knows that these virtual drive systems don't fully emulate
> the floppy controller hardware but what the average user accomplishes with

This is the point I'm trying to make.. everyone does not know.  It's
only when they go to play that favorite game from years past and
discover it doesn't work that they come to realize this.  After
helping people who've run into this very issue (and feeling bad for
them but not being able to do anything), I think it's our
responsibility to make it very clear that there are some limitations
with these types of systems.  When we say things like "behaves just
like the FDC" it is easy to see how a user can be confused.