[Coco] rainbow on cd or dvd

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:14:10 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Sean <badfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
> While the project is awesome, and I do participate occasionally, at
> the current rate it's going to be a very long time before we get to
> see it finished!
>
> Someone posted a collection a few years ago to a megaupload site, but
> that one is now gone.  I wasn't able to get a full set.  The
> individual issues were massive in size, several hundred megs each if I
> recall, not very efficient compression.   Just a set of readable .jpeg
> or .png scans would be awesome.  (hint hint)
> A .torrent would probably be the ideal distribution method.

ask and ye shall receive.  sometimes at least.

http://aaronwolfe.com/rainbow.torrent

thats all the rainbows, OCR'ed and "optimized" for space savings.. all
are PDF, smaller than 50MB, most much smaller.
Used Clearscan where I could and still get a decent file size.  For
the bigger issues (early 80s) the Clearscan made them bigger than my
target size so I used "searchable image" OCR.  If you prefer the
readability enhancement of Clearscan, you
can simply run a CS OCR pass on these files, they double in size but
become nicer to read.

Also, the contents of all these rainbows, some other coco mags, 68
micro journal, and lots of manuals can be searched online at
http://cococoding.com
The OCR is not perfect like Tim's project, you won't copy and paste
code from these.  However, searching for topics/keywords works pretty
well.

-Aaron