[Coco] Curious game no coco

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 14 17:16:20 EDT 2011

Looks like a really neat game idea and the water effect is great!

I think the CoCo could do something close. There are a lot of water
droplets to animate but when you consider there isn't anything else to
animate on the screen, is quit possible. The droplets look like they are
byte level (2 x  pixel wide) which simplifies things too. The vertical
scroll is dead simple and takes very little cpu time.

This would be a good demo project for someone to do. Just have a "bucket
of water" at the top of the screen and make it fall past various
shapes/objects on the screen till it reaches the bottom. If this can be
proven to work effectively and identify the limits of how much can be
animated in 1 frame, it could be turned into a full game.

Why don't I do it?

Well, I would... if I wasn't working on something else.   :)

No, I'm not saying what it is yet till I prove to myself that it's
possible. It too pushes an awful lot of graphic.

Nick