[Coco] CoCo amateur radio net tonight

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Tue Sep 28 18:11:33 EDT 2010

Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> I remember reading that in the UK the BBC sent software over the air
> for the BBC Micro at some point

There were radio and television programmes that broadcast cassette audio
for various platforms.  A recent-ish Charlie Brooker programme actually
included a clip from one of these ("Data Base?") that had a whole (small)
Dragon program in its closing credits!  Due to the various transcoding
stages, I couldn't get it to load past the filename block.

But the beeb also sent BBC Micro software in (inaccessible through the
usual interface) ceefax pages, which was pretty nifty.  Our school had
a teletext wedge, and while I remember trying to receive some of those,
I also remember a lot of bad reception, and have no clear recollection
of anything actually working.

..ciaran