[Coco] Anyone Interested In CoCo Emulator On Android?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 01:43:24 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Sean <badfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's Android's marketplace compared to Apples?  Apple won't allow
> emulators that allow the loading of separate files (presumably a
> doorway to jailbreaking exploits, or extra unwanted copyright
> infringement).
>
> Or can you just run anything you want on an android without prior approval?

Android apps do not require approval.  Google has occasionally stepped
in and removed apps that abused this freedom, but it is very rare.
Also, you can install apps directly from files (.apk files) and so do
not need to use the Android Market at all.  Some programs are
distributed simply as downloads on web pages much like in the PC
world.