[Coco] Software offer and Drive Pak solution

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat Sep 18 22:50:15 EDT 2010

On 10-09-18 03:19 PM, Little John wrote:
> Now here's a name I recognize, William Astle - I recall using a BASIC
> disassembler that you wrote in the early to mid 90's - seems that I
> recall you were but a youngster back then. :)

That would be the one published in CFDM. I think I was in high school
when I wrote it. Temporal sequencing of memories is unclear from that
far back. (Never was good with keeping memories in order.)

It was so much easier to write a disassembler than it was to write an
assembler. And it would be harder yet to write an assembler that
actually ran on the coco. (lwasm reads the entire source into memory
then performs multiple passes on it instead of reading and parsing the
files multiple times.)