[Coco] Software offer and Drive Pak solution

Manny manney at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 16:38:08 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 14:29 -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 09:18 AM 9/18/2010, you wrote:
> >I'm just going to throw my two cents on this fire, so ignore where
> >appropriate.

A few of my (unwanted?) thoughts here.  I've always liked Roger's work
in his IDEs.

If he wants to go cross-platform and likes the .NET platform, he might
want to seriously consider using Mono.  (Myself, I've finally gotten rid
of my last .NET program.  I find it very unstable, and like Gene, I'm
concerned about it's future dealings with Microsoft.)  Of course, in my
little perfect world, I'd like to see his IDE open sourced, too.  ;)

To the people that are complaining about it not being cross-platform, go
do something about it.  Make a competing product that can do what his
IDE can do and more.  If you don't have the experience, see if you can
find someone willing to give it a shot and help support them in any way
possible.  Competition can help our product become better, keeps our
group thriving and keeps things interesting.

Speaking of competition, Roger and Boisy seriously need to hash out
their differences via email.  If Roger actually owes something and Boisy
can prove it, then that needs to be settled.  They also need to work out
what Boisy has accused Roger of doing in a previous post.  If they can't
come to a compromise or understanding, then maybe a third party that
both of them trust should help moderate.  These type of things need to
be resolved (privately?) for the general health and well-being of the
group.  They cause distrust and anger to form in the small group of us
left.  It almost looks like nothing has changed since a few years ago
when I left the mailing list.

Anyhoo, take this as my "OMG, look what I've come back to!!!!!!!
11111oneone" post.  Hope this find everyone in good spirits and health.

-M.