[Coco] Nitros9 on Keil

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Sep 13 23:54:34 EDT 2010

Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 14/09/2010 10:35 AM, Robert Gault wrote:
>
>> SuperDriver is the name for the Cloud-9 IDE software but I believe it is
>> only for NitrOS-9. I see on the Cloud-9 site that HDBDOS will also
>> support
>> the SuperIDE interface so it is both IDE and SCSI. The original RGBDOS
>> was
>> just SCSI.
>
> Please excuse my ignorance and thanks for being so patient with my
> questions.
>
> HDBDOS supports the IDE interface but, IIUC, you need IDE drivers for
> Nitros9/OS9 to enable Nitros9/OS9 to boot off the IDE hard drive
> partition via HDBDOS. Those drivers (for Nitros9) are provided on the
> SuperIDE disk by Cloud 9. As for OS9, I can't say.
>
> Have I got that right?
>
> Regards,

There should be compatible IDE drivers on the Cloud-9 disk for NitrOS-9 Level1
and Level2. As I don't own the IDE interface nor use the SuperIDE driver, you
should confirm what I am saying with either Boisy or Mark at Cloud-9.
You will need to add the IDE drivers to the RBF Modules directory on the
apropriate NitrOS-9 distribution disk so that you can use the scripts to build a
boot disk to place on the IDE hard drive.

There is no real difference between OS-9 and NitrOS-9 for a beginning OS-9 user.
NitrOS-9 contains enhancements over OS-9 as the code has been "improved" and
many extra commands are included on the disk.
You should read any documentation you can find on OS-9 and all documentation on
NitrOS-9 from the Cloud-9 site.