[Coco] Nitros9 on Keil

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Mon Sep 13 05:33:13 EDT 2010

Just thought I'd note that I'm running Keil's EMU's under DOSBOX 0.74. I did
this strictly as an experiment to see how well it would work. After tweaking
dosbox.conf it works pretty good - it still doesn't allow the emulator to
directly access the floppy disk drives like it would in a true DOS (or even
Win9x) environment, but it does give keil's EMU's access to a virtual
SoundBlaster for sound support. One of reasons for this experiment was that
I like Keil's EMU's and the anticipation of 64-bit Win7 had me thinking that
I wouldn't be able to use Keil's emu's anymore on my main machine. DOSBOX
took care of that. Plus, DOSBOX runs on Linux and other platforms, so I can
run Keil's emu's on all sorts of platforms :)

Basically - I use Vcc, MESS and Keil's emu's. It never fails that at some
point, I will encounter something that won't run on one of them, but usually
will on one of the others. This way, I get to keep Keil's available for such
an occurence.
-John's Dad
=========