[Coco] Nitros9 on Keil

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 13 02:31:21 EDT 2010

On 13/09/2010 3:13 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> My emulator works if I rename the file to "something.os9".
> This causes my emulator to do something different and then OS9 works.

Looking at the MESS source reveals the answer.

.DSK extensions are assumed to be JVC/DMK disk images
.OS9 extensions are assumed to be OS9 disk images (which FWIW the comments
admit to being "largely a hack").

MESS makes a "best guess" based on the above.

I can only assume that the Keil emulator is not able to read the "OS9"
format disks from sourceforge.

Seems I need to write a conversion utility, if one doesn't already exist.

Thanks for at least pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,