[Coco] ebay game auction - Holy (bleep)

Jeremy Michea jmichea at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 9 07:27:30 EDT 2010

I completely agree. And as a big time atari collector as well as coco, I've seen my share of crazy auctions. I watched in facination at the boxed "Air Raid" that recently sold for $32,000 US. I know the collector (via Atariage) and his goal is to open an Atari museum.

I have a few rare Atari games that would be worth in the $100 - $150 range but I found them locally and very cheap in lots with systems and other games. I like the thrill of the hunt and although ebay is nice, I use it as a last resort. In this case, I suspect those coco carts are pretty rare. I've bought coco carts on ebay, many with instructions, and got them very cheap. One lot of 12 games was under $10 US!

I've heard about these Anteco carts but never seen them. I'll be watching this auction end. I wonder what the ceiling is on these carts since I know of no previous auctions for setting a precedence.

My guess is the Anteco carts. The cart collector world is full of
crazy/rich people wanting a full collection. The Atari people are
even more insane, going for full boxes or even still sealed in
plastic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140450080001&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-Music-Machine-Cart-Sealed-Box-/260659490742?pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&hash=item3cb0842fb6

Personally, I really don't get the sealed in box collectors... I want
to play them!