[Coco] ebay game auction - Holy (bleep)

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Sep 8 23:34:46 EDT 2010

My recollection is that Anteco for a time sold Rompack shells and boards
that fit inside them that you could put your own sockets and chips into.  I
believe I was a customer of theirs for a time in the '80s when I needed
cartridges to accommodate the Dallas Semiconductor SmartWatch clock I sold
as an option with Extended ADOS-3 (for those who did not wish to piggyback
it underneath their ADOS EPROM, which required cutting a hole in the disk
controller's cover to allow for the extra height).  Though the cartridges I
bought did not have the white labels mentioning TRS-80 and TDP-100 (or any
labels at all).  I remember the boards coming in perforated strips that had
to be broken apart for use.  So the advertised cartridges may be some sort
of generic, perhaps containing an EPROM socket.  Something handy for a
developer or seller of Rompack-based software, perhaps.  Though also
something you could easily make by removing the ROM from any junk Rompack
and replacing it with a socket.

Hard to get nowadays, I'm sure, but the $300 price for this lot seems
insane.

Art